Generally, when people shop for body wash, they lean towards commercially- produced products, but research has shown that these soaps contain toxins and synthetic ingredients that are not good for the body or the environment.
With the rise of environmental awareness and health consciousness, demands for a much healthier soap alternative have increased.
What is Organic Castile Soap?
Castile soap originated from a region in Spain named Castile, where olive oil was combined with sodium carbonate to make a hard white soap. It was later sold all over Europe in the early sixteenth century.
Organic Castile Soap is a versatile product made of a vegetable oil base and a mixture of organic and natural ingredients. In addition to olive oil, it also uses various plant-based oils such as palm kernel, hemp, castor, jojoba, and coconut, which gives the distinct properties found in this organic soap.
These essential oils also give the soaps their lathering, cleansing, and moisturising effect.
Moreover, organic Castile soaps are typically completely free of any harsh chemicals. Hence, they are suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin and eczema.
Over the years, this non-toxic and biodegradable soap has earned its reputation as an effective all-around cleanser worldwide
Benefits of Organic Castile Soap
Here are some of the key benefits of using castile soaps:
None-ToxicOne of the best qualities of organic castile soap is its all-natural and organic composition. It's free of preservatives, synthetic detergents, and other foaming agents that may be harmful to the skin. Instead, it's loaded with natural oils such as olive and coconut, making it ideal for dry and sensitive skin. Additionally, this soap contains high-quality ingredients that naturally cleanse and moisturize the skin. It's also gentle enough to cater to people with skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis.
Eco-friendlyCastile soap is similar to its commercially-produced counterpart in the sense that it cleanses the body effectively. However, the main difference is that castile soap is not hazardous to the environment. It's a sustainable and biodegradable product that is safe for the environment.
Cruelty-freeAnimal testing is usually done to ensure that a product is safe to use on humans without causing any side effects. Since castile soap is made of organic oils, it's naturally harmless to humans, and therefore does not need to be tested on animals. Thus, by switching to castile soap, you support a movement towards animal safety.
VersatileCastile soaps are versatile and can be effectively used for a broad range of purposes. For instance, it can be used as a deodorant, shampoo, body wash, or makeup remover as a substitute for your regular hygiene products and skin care. But it can also be used for household chores like dishwashing, window cleaning, or laundry. Because it's highly concentrated, a few drops of this solution can go a long way.
Great for the SkinCastile soap uses natural and organic ingredients like plant-based oils that help nourish and moisturize the skin. It also effectively removes dirt build-up and heals the skin without causing dryness or flakiness. Because of its glycerine content, this soap naturally hydrates the skin, making it healthy and dewy. When used continuously, castile soap can delay wrinkles and skin ageing by fighting against free radicals that cause cell degeneration.
Available Castile Soap Brands in Singapore
One of the popular brands is Dr Bronner’s Castile Soap. Dr Bronner provides pure castile soaps available in both bar and liquid forms to accommodate consumers’ everyday cleaning needs.
While Dr Bronner’s is well-known for its benefits and effectiveness, it does not mean that it is the only option you have. There are many other castile soap alternatives to Dr Bronner’s in Singapore, some of which may be more suitable for you. One excellent alternative to Dr Bronner’s that you can find in Singapore is The Blessed Soaps® series by Nature’s Glory.
Why Is The Blessed Soaps® the Best Alternative to Dr Bronner’s Soap in Singapore
The Blessed Soaps series offers a diverse range of castile liquid soap that uses pure essential oils to effectively cleanse your skin without clogging the pores. Here are some reasons why you need to switch to The Blessed Soaps.
High-Quality Products Created by Experts
The Blessed Soaps is Nature's Glory's very own castile soap brand, launched in 2018. The collection comprises a unique combination of natural and organic ingredients, blended together through Nature's Glory nano-quantum technology. With their special formulation, they have enhanced the product's effectiveness to keep the skin moisturized while removing dirt successfully.
Suitable For All Skin Types
With the brand's advanced technology, The Blessed Soaps is formulated to attain the hypodermal 7.8 pH balance of natural ingredients to make it suitable for all skin types. The ingredients include shea butter, coconut oil, organic aloe, sunflower oil, and olive oil to achieve the ultimate moisturizing effect.
Toxic-free and Cruelty-free
Nature's Glory works alongside third-party organizations to check for pesticide residue, microbial content, and heavy metals to ensure the product's safety. Moreover, it goes through a government-enforced examination process and in-house radiation testing before being released to the market. Through this procedure, Nature's Glory guarantees that The Blessed Soaps series is free of synthetic colourings, parabens, and artificial fragrances.
Reader’s Choice Awardee
The Blessed Soaps received the Annual Beauty and Wellness Award in 2019. In addition, Beauty Insider, an established digital beauty and wellness platform, has voted Baby Love Unscented by The Blessed Soaps as the best natural product and organic body wash.
Different Scents of Blessed Soaps®: The Perfect Alternative to Dr Bronner’s in Singapore
The Blessed Soaps collection offers six distinct products, each with its uniquely curated fragrance and beneficial properties.
- Lavender (Peace): Made with pure essential oils such as lavender, this soap is a great product to smooth skin irritation, promote peaceful sleep, and relax the body and mind for your overall wellness.
- Kindness (Tea Tree): This is made with lemon and lavender ingredients that contain antifungal and antibacterial properties to help relieve dandruff, skin condition, and acne.
- Joy (Citrus): This contains a selection of zesty lime, lemon, and orange essential oils to help purify the lungs, breasts, and skin. The hints of citrus help boost your mood, alleviate nausea, and destroy fats.
- Patience (Peppermint): The freshness of this product comes from a mixture of peppermint and spearmint oils that cool your body, open your airways, and promote deep focus.
- Self-Control (Eucalyptus): This contains peppermint, lemon, and eucalyptus oils that help revitalize your senses, clear your lungs, sinus, and mind, and uplift your spirits.
- Baby Love (Unscented): The presence of potent essential oils might be too strong for babies, toddlers, and people with hypersensitive skin. Hence, Nature's Glory introduced an unscented soap in Singapore that is ideal for them.
Switch to Organic Castile Soap Today!
When you make the switch to organic castile soaps, you’ll see an incredible difference and reap the long-term health and environmental benefits.
FAQS on Organic Liquid Castile Soap and The Blessed Soaps®
Castile soap is a versatile vegetable soap that is free of synthetic ingredients and animal fats. Its name originated from a region in Spain known as Castile. Traditionally, it was made with olive oil. However, nowadays, it is also made with other oil types, including castor, coconut and hemp oils. Almond, walnut and avocado oils are sometimes used as well.
Castile soap offers various benefits, including:
- Provide Gentle Cleansing Without Toxins: Most soaps on the market use toxic sulphates to produce lather. However, castile soap lathers naturally without the use of any chemicals. It contains oleuropein, a polyphenolic substance with potent antibacterial property, which protects and cleanses your skin.
- Naturally Hydrating: Unlike most synthetic oil-based soaps that filter out glycerine, castile soap retains this compound. Glycerine absorbs water from the air and moisturises your skin naturally.
- Safe for Sensitive Skin: Castile soap is made of simple and safe plant oils, making it safe for most sensitive skin types.
- Soothes Dry and Irritated Skin: Plant oils, particularly olive oil, are high in monounsaturated fatty acids, healthy fats, which help replenish water in your epidermis, making your skin supple with a healthy glow.
- Improve 0ily, and Acne-Prone Skin: Oils in castile soap penetrate your skin pore and clean it without drying it out. Certain people have successfully used it to balance the pH of their skin to reduce acne.
- Allow Your Skin to Breath: Castile soap lets your skin breath and facilitates the natural process of dead skin cells shedding.
- Provide Natural Protection Against Free Radicals: Castile soap is rich in antioxidants, including vitamin A and E. Hence, frequent use of this soap helps protect the skin from cell degeneration, delaying wrinkles and ageing.
- Ease Psoriasis and Eczema: Castile soap containing nutrient-dense olive oil is also rich in oleocanthal, a compound that helps reduce inflammation.
- Wide Application: Castile soap can be used in a variety of ways, including as a wound cleaning agent, sinus decongestion, window cleaner, deodorant, shampoo, dish soap, dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, sparkling floor agent, toilet cleaner, hand soap, mouthwash, body wash, face wash, shaving cream, and spray, teeth cleaner, pet shampoo, makeup remover, fruits and vegetable wash, scrub cleaner and all-purpose household cleaner.
Castile soap is made from simple plant oils, which is generally considered safe even for the most sensitive skin types. It is free of harsh chemicals, such as parabens, sodium lauryl sulphate and toxic residues from pesticides, which may negatively affect the users’ skin in the long run. The soap is made of naturally-occurring organic ingredients, ensuring that the skin absorbs nutrients from the best organic, non-toxic substances.
Castile soap has enough potency to cleanse the scalp of product build-up and excess sebum. At the same time, it is gentle enough to protect the hair from drying and does not leave the hair stripped, making it an excellent alternative to commercial shampoo. Nevertheless, castile soap should not be used on colour-treated hair as it may strip away some of the hair’s colour.
While Castile soap does help remove bacteria and germs, it does not kill them. Rather, the soap functions as an eliminator or remover that cleans off the harmful microbes, dirt and grease from contaminated surfaces.
Certain varieties of Castile soap, particularly those containing tea tree oil, can function as an antifungal agent. Tea tree oil, an extract from a plant native to Australia, was traditionally used as a topical antifungal treatment on many parts of the body. Studies found that it may be effective against toenail fungus and athlete’s foot. Users can also use Castile soap to make an oil soap garden spray that acts as a natural fungicide or an all-purpose cleaner that removes mould.
Liquid Castile soaps generally come in concentrated form and need to be diluted before use for certain purposes. For instance, users intending to use liquid castile soap as a hand soap or dish soap should dilute it by mixing around a quarter cup of soap to about three to four cups of water.
However, for other applications, the water naturally present around the area is typically sufficient to dilute the soap. For instance, users who want to use castile soap as a facial wash can just wet their face with water before applying the soap.
One well-known Castile soap brand in Singapore is The Blessed Soaps, which is NASAA-certified and locally made. It is the best alternative to Dr Bronner’s castile soap in Singapore. This liquid castile soap collection is available in six varieties and can be bought through Nature’s Glory online organic shop.
To use Castile soaps on the face, hands, body, hair and as a shaving cream, wet the area with water and apply a small amount of castile soap on a bath sponge or hand, working up a lather. The water that gets mixed naturally with the soap is enough to dilute it. Rinse off the soap thoroughly.
Keep the Castile soaps in a dry and cool place, away from direct sunlight.
Bar and liquid soap are both effective against germs and viruses. However, they have slight differences. Here are the differentiating factors between a bar and liquid soap:
- Ingredients: Bar soaps are usually made from saponified animal fat or plant oils. On the other hand, liquid soaps are usually petroleum-based and need stabilisers and emulsifying agents to maintain their consistency.
- Safety and Cleanliness: Bar soaps tend to harbour bacteria on their wet surfaces. They will also become mushy or slimy in standing water, resulting in a mess and most probably wastage. In contrast, liquid soaps decrease bacterial exchange between users since no one touches the soap. They also keep the sink area tidier with no residue.
- Ease of Use: Liquid soaps are more convenient to use as they come in bottles with dispensers.
- Cost: Bar soaps are generally more cost-effective than liquid soap since the latter’s cost increases with the added packaging materials, including bottle and pump dispenser.
- Moisturising Effect: Liquid soaps typically have a lower pH and come with added moisturisers to prevent hands from drying, whereas commercial bar soap usually has a drying effect due to its higher pH level. However, consumers can also find many types of bar soaps with lower pH and contain glycerine, which has therapeutic effects on dry skin and other skin issues like eczema.
- Sustainability: Bar soaps are more eco-friendly as they do not utilise plastic for packaging. Instead, they commonly use biodegradable materials for packaging, such as cardboard or paper. In contrast, liquid soap utilises plastic containers and dispensing tools, both of which will end up in the landfill.
- Scents and Varieties: Due to bar soaps’ continued popularity, consumers can find a broader range of bar soaps varieties on the market, some of which are specifically formulated for certain skin types and medicated purposes. However, liquid soaps have limited options.
The base for The Blessed Soaps® is made of organic food-grade coconut, olive, shea butter, aloe and sunflower oils. Their fragrances come from 100% pure essential oils, which are extracted through cold-pressed or steam distillation techniques from organic flowers and plants, free of any toxic chemicals.
The essential oils are formulated in a precise ratio with the soap base to create a nutrient-dense and safe organic soap that cleanse and moisturise the skin effectively and suitable for any skin types, including those with eczema. The Baby Love Unscented Blessed Soap®, however, is unscented and has no essential oils.
The Blessed Soaps® are gluten-free castile soap and do not contain corn, soy, nuts or other common allergens. The ingredients are specifically formulated with an optimal balance to suit all skin types, including those with sensitive and dry skin, psoriasis, eczema, allergies and other skin problems.
One variant of The Blessed Soaps®, The Baby Love Unscented, is safe for new-borns, babies, young kids, people with allergies and even pets as it does not contain any fragrances or essential oils. It is non-toxic and can be used to wash and bathe new-borns.