Organic Peanut Cookies are a real indulgence for nut lovers. We love the woodsy gingery taste in this recipe due to Organic Dew Honey and we've only used raw sugar and honey as sweeteners for a healthier, not-so-sweet taste. Enjoy this fun treat during your afternoon break, accompanied with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
110g Organic Butter
100g Organic Raw Sugar (adjust amount)
100g Organic Dew Honey
250g Organic Peanut Kernel (or your favourite nuts)
Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda together.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, sugar and honey until soft and creamy.
- Roast the peanuts (optional). Pre-heat oven at 175 degree Celcius. Arrange peanuts in single layer on baking sheet and bake until lightly golden-brown and glossy with oil, about 10 minutes.
- Pulse a few times until peanuts are chopped.
- Combine the egg, flour mixture, peanuts and salt.
- Add the butter and sugar mixture and mix until smooth.
- Wrap the dough in baking parchment and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight
- Preheat the oven at 170 degree Celcius.
- Shape the dough into 3 cm balls and place them about 5 cm apart on baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 min or until golden
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days