* This item ships LOCALLY (in Singapore only). *
Cold Smoked Salmon Sliced True North
PRODUCT OF CANADA
FRESH SALMON. FRESH FACTS. Straight from the Gulf of Maine.
LOADED TO THE GILLS WITH FRESHNESS AND NOTHING ELSE.
True North Salmon is raised to mimic their Natural environment in the cold clear waters of the Gulf of Maine.
DOES FARMED SALMON HAVE LOWER MERCURY LEVELS
Mercury is not a concern for wild or farmed salmon because levels are barely detectable and well below minimum levels set by CFIA, FDA, and EPA.
I KNOW SALMON IS A GOOD SOURCE OF OMEGA-3S. BUT HOW GOOD?
Just about the BEST there is. You might be surprised to learn that farmed salmon is one of the best seafood sources of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BET. FARMED AND WILD SALMON
Truthfully, there aren't many.
* SATURATED FAT: Essentially the same.
* OMEGA-3S: Very close, although farmed salmon generally have slightly higher levels.
*MERCURY: There are no mercury concerns with either farmed or wild salmon.
* COLOR: Farmed and wild salmon get their color from the food they eat.
*TASTE: It's a personal preference. Some find farmed salmon to have a slightly milder taste.
TRUE NORTH is immensely proud of BAP (Best Aquaculture Practices) certification. It shows that they are committed to producing superior, farmed Atlantic salmon in a safe, sustainable and environmentally friendly manner. Each year, they are audited to ensure that they continue to:
* Maintain responsible social ethics
* Ensure a pristine marine environment
* Well-being and security of our salmon
* Full traceability from hatcheries to delivery to customer
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.