* This item ships INTERNATIONALLY. *
DOTERRA ROSEMARY (ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL)
Invigorating. Refreshing. Stimulating. These are the first three words that come to mind when I think of Rosemary Essential Oil. When I was first exploring aromatherapy back in the 1990s, Rosemary Oil took me by surprise. I was expecting it to smell closely to the freshly cut herb, but Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosmarinus officinalis var camphor) smells much more camphorous. As with other oils that contain camphor, Rosemary is helpful in massage and arthritis blends and can help improve circulation. It is useful for respiratory issues and makes a good expectorant/decongestant. Rosemary has an excellent reputation for oily skin/acne, scalp and hair care, and I have repeatedly read that Rosemary Oil can be helpful with alopecia (hair loss). Rosemary is quite stimulating and is heralded for help in memory retention and staying focused and alert. Rosemary is a good choice for blends for driving long distances and for long study sessions.
Aching muscles, arthritis, dandruff, dull skin, exhaustion, gout, hair care, muscle cramping, neuralgia, poor circulation, rheumatism.
The health benefits of rosemary essential oil caused it to be a popular of Paracelsus, a renowned German-Swiss physician and botanist, who made significant contributions to the understanding of herbal medicine throughout the 16th century. Paracelsus valued rosemary oil due to its capability to strengthen the entire body. He correctly thought that rosemary oil had the opportunity to heal delicate organs just like the liver, brain, and heart. Today, many medicinal preparations contain rosemary oil. The different, well-researched health advantages of rosemary oil are highlighted below:
1. Hair Benefits of Rosemary Oil: Along with its health and skin benefits, rosemary essential oil is recognized to encourage hair growth as well as thickness. You can use it along with carrier oils like coconut, olive or almond oils for maximum benefits.
a. Stimulates the Hair Follicles: Rosemary oil stimulates the hair follicles, therefore enabling your hair to grow stronger and longer. By revitalizing cell division and dilating the blood vessels, this oil stimulates the hair follicles into producing new hair growth.
b. Darkens Hair: Besides being a stimulant for the roots and also the scalp, this oil is renowned for its hair darkening properties and therefore, is a better option than dyeing your hair with chemicals. In case you have hints of grey within your hair, you are able to massage it with rosemary essential oil. This can gently and softly darken your hair without the side effects of harsh chemicals.
c. Treatment of Dandruff: Rosemary oil is helpful for the dry and flaky scalp and could avoid premature baldness. Regular massage with this particular oil nourishes your scalp and helps to eliminate dandruff. It may be combined with tea tree oil and basil oil to be more effective.
d. Great Conditioner: Using rosemary oil regularly makes flowing hair soft and manageable. Thus, it’s a excellent natural conditioner.
2. Benefits of Rosemary Oil for Skin: The astringent properties of rosemary essential oil allow it to be good for skin care. It includes lots of different nutrients like iron, calcium, vitamins and antioxidants. Therefore, this oil is beneficial for all skin types and is also utilized as a component in skin care cleansers, soaps, face masks, toners and creams.
a. Rejuvenates Skin: Massaging the skin along with rosemary essential oil rehydrates and tones your skin. It eliminates wrinkles and bags on the skin, therefore keeping it taut and healthy. Its cell regeneration properties are effective for visible skin disorders and replacing damaged tissue, therefore lowering the appearance of scars and spots.
b. Treatment of Acne: Rosemary oil has got effective disinfectant and antiseptic properties that really help to deal with acne and oily skin conditions. Massaging the face with this oil improves skin complexion by lightening dark spots as well as blemishes onto the skin.
c. Anti-ageing: Being full of effective antioxidants, rosemary oil decelerates the effect of ageing onto the skin. It will help in tightening sagging and loose skin, thus making it firmer and much more elastic. Moreover, it encourages biological activity and cell growth to lessen fine lines and wrinkles.
d. Prevents Skin Infection: The medicinal qualities of rosemary essential oil allow it to be good for treating long-term skin conditions like dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis. Its anti-inflammatory properties are helpful in lessening swelling and puffiness of the skin in addition to healing burns.
e. Reduces Saggy Skin: Rosemary oil is definitely an astringent. When put on the skin, it draws the skin cells together as if trying to shrink or compress them. This particular effect decreases loose in skin and causes it to be stronger and much suppler.
f. Reduces any kind of marks or scars: Add rosemary oil and vitamin E to carrier oil. This mixture reduces the visibility of stretch marks, acne scars as well as scars created by cuts, scrapes and wounds. Additionally, it decreases wrinkles and fine lines.
g. Protect the skin from free radicals: Rosemary essential oil possesses powerful antioxidant capacity. It therefore defends the skin cells from damage by free radicals within our environment.
h. Apply on insect bites: When the sting of the insect bite reduces, there is a still lot of swelling left. One generally applies ice on this. However, applying some rosemary essential oil can reduce the swelling and the redness of the bite.
i. Treat fungal skin infections: Rosemary essential oil can be applied straight to fungal infections , like athlete’s foot and ringworm. One can utilize it undiluted (neat) for stronger power.
j. For dermatitis and eczema: In these conditions, skin is irritated and itchy. Add aloe vera gel, rosemary essential oil inside a beeswax base and apply only on eczema lesions. This mixture is totally natural and relieves itching. Additionally, it can function for psoriasis.
3. Indigestion: Rosemary oil is usually utilized for indigestion, reducing flatulence, stomach cramps, constipation, and bloating. Rosemary essential oil is additionally thought to alleviate the signs of dyspepsia and it’s also an hunger stimulant. Furthermore, research has revealed the essential oil to be detoxifying for the liver, and in addition it helps you to manage the creation and release of bile, that is a key part of the digestive process. Additionally, it stimulates blood flow and improves circulation, which could benefit the absorption of nutrients from food. Rosemary leaves are frequently included with meat dishes because it is particularly useful in digesting meat, particularly lamb, beef and pork.
4. Mouth care: Rosemary essential oil is really a disinfectant and is also frequently utilized as a mouth wash. It may also help in eliminating bad breath. By removing oral bacteria, rosemary essential oil can avoid gingivitis, cavities, plaque buildup, along with other damaging dental conditions.
5. Boosting mental activity: Rosemary essential oil is a superb brain and nerve tonic. It is usually utilized by students throughout exam times since it raises concentration helping in studying effectively. It encourages mental activity and is also an excellent treatment for depression, mental fatigue and forgetfulness. Inhaling rosemary oil looks lift your spirits immediately. Once your brain is exhausted, try inhaling a little rosemary oil to eliminate monotony and renew your mental energy. In the 2003 study, researchers discovered that of 144 test participants who breathed in rosemary oil throughout an exam shown significantly higher cognitive function. For this reason some scientists are starting to look around the options for using rosemary oil as a substitute answer to slowing down the onset of Alzheimer’s disease in a few patients due to this apparent connection between increased neural activity and the essential oil.
6. Stress Relief: Besides the calming nature of aromatherapy and general inhalation of rosemary essential oil, it has been established to really decrease the degree of cortisol in the saliva. Cortisol is probably the main stress hormones which are produced throughout the “flight or fight” response of the body to stress. Excessive cortisol within the blood that could occur because of long-term stress can ruin the body, which includes its hormonal balance and also the effectiveness of the metabolism. Research launched in 2007 declared that inhaling rosemary oil and lavender oil for 5 minutes considerably decreased the levels of cortisol within the test subject’s saliva that could significantly reduce the dangers inherent from chronic stress.
7. Immune System Boost: Antioxidants are among the most effective protective weapons we’ve within our body for overcoming infection and disease, so any food or essential oil that either adds to or stimulates the activity of antioxidants is a huge benefit to overall health. The same study which found that cortisol levels decreased after simultaneous massage and inhalation of rosemary essential oil also discovered that the scavenging free radical activity within the test subjects’ bodies also increased significantly. Which means that normal use or inhalation of rosemary essential oil in aromatherapy sessions or even in other ways can increase the strength of the immune system which help fight all the diseases related to free-radicals, which includes cancer as well as heart disease.
8. Pain relief: The ability of rosemary essential oil to ease pain has led to its extensive use in treating headaches, muscle pains, rheumatism and even arthritis. Massaging the affected area that is in pain along with rosemary essential oil can provide rapidly reduce the pain. Vapor baths along with rosemary oil may also be discovered to be great at the treatment of rheumatism. It’s got particular anti-inflammatory qualities too, that makes it excellent for reducing the pain from sprains and joint aches. Furthermore, it is known to promote blood circulation, which could alleviate pain and in addition help with coagulation of wounds for faster healing.
9. Aroma: Rosemary features an enchanting aroma that makes rosemary essential oil a great inhalant. The oil is utilized in room fresheners, cosmetics, beauty aids, food, bath oil, candles and perfumes due to its distinctive as well as stimulating aroma. Once the oil is breathed in, it may boost mental energy and is particularly recognized to clear the respiratory tract. Lots of people spray a combination of rosemary essential oil as well as water to eliminate bad odors from room and objects.
10. Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Recent studies suggest that the usage of rosemary essential oil’s anti-microbial qualities might help lessen the effects and recurring inflammation of the herpes virus. The herpes virus can easily develop immunity to normal antiviral medication, so various ways are always being explored. Numerous research has now shown the essential oil of rosemary to be a highly effective choice for lowering the the signs of the Herpes virus in test subjects, as well as affects the level of contagiousness of the virus.
11. Respiratory problems: The benefits of rosemary essential oil for treating respiratory problems are well-researched and supported. The scent of the oil is shown to give respite from throat congestion, and it’s also also found in the management of respiratory allergies, colds, sore throats and the flu. Since rosemary oil also offers germ killing qualities, additionally it is efficient for respiratory infections. The oil is antispasmodic and is also therefore utilized in some treatment programs for bronchial asthma.
12. Relaxation through Rosemary Rosemary oil is usually utilized in aromatherapy to relax the nervous system and also to encourage relaxation. Rubbing rosemary leaves within your temples provides a pain reliever from mild headaches and pains. You are able to prepare a refreshing and revitalizing bath by adding a mix of rosemary, lavender and sweet basil oil in sufficient amounts to a warm bath. Vapor baths may also help relieve rheumatism. You may also make full use of these wonderful benefits of rosemary with the addition of a few drops of rosemary oil to the pillow so you may breathe in some of its vapor. This may help with reducing congestion along with other respiratory problems. Now you too can use rosemary to tone down anxiety which help yourself relax your mind and muscles.
13. Treatment of Alzheimer’s disease: Research has proven that Rosemary essential oil is effective for those who have Alzheimer’s disease. It is because it will help in improving cognitive function. Therefore, this oil is being regarded as an alternate strategy for slowing the onset of Alzheimer’s disease due to this link between boosted neural activity and also the essential oil.
14. Anxiety: Inhaling the scent of rosemary essential oil might help relieve anxiety, in accordance with research published in Holistic Nursing Practice in 2009. In an experiment involving a group of nursing students, researchers discovered that usage of sachets that contains lavender and rosemary essential oils assisted reduce anxiety related to test-taking.
15. Memory: Rosemary essential oil is really a stimulant, and ultizing it in the diffuser or even inhaling it straight from the bottle will enhance memory, alertness, and concentration. It will decrease mental fatigue and sluggishness, and enhance mental clarity. These actions make it a great choice to try for the cognitive issues related to fibromyalgia and myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue syndrome,) commonly called “fibrofog.”
16. Headaches: Rosemary oil, combined at a rate of five drops to a teaspoon of cold-pressed olive or coconut oil, can help relieve the pain of both migraine and tension headaches. After mixing, apply a single drop of this mixture to the temples, being careful to help keep it well out of the eyes. The rest of the oil could be massaged in the back of the neck to lessen muscle tension that will also help reduce the headache.
17. Rosemary essential oil in Acupressure: It is really an ancient Chinese art that fixes health problems by stimulating the pressure points of that condition. Rosemary essential oil is utilized to enhance the efficacy of an Acupressure massage done to stimulate just a few pressure points on the body. This particular practice can offer rest from the following conditions.
18. For pain relief: This oil may be used to reduce pain in the specific area. For instance, in case you are experiencing pain in stomach. Rather than doing a stomach massage, you can apply pressure in the pressure point of stomach with a few rosemary oil there.
DIRECTION FOR USE
•Add 1–2 drops of Rosemary essential oil to meats and favourite entrees. •Add a single drop to the hands, rub together, and cup over the mouth and nose to flood the senses for up to a minute to assist with transitioning.
•Add a single drop of rosemary essential oil to the hands, rub together, and cup over the mouth and nose to flood the senses for up to a minute, in order to help alleviate the nerves.
Avoid during pregnancy or if you have epilepsy. May cause issues if you have high blood pressure. Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use and use on the feet when possible. Excessive use of any oil can lead to skin sensitization. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose. Not all oils are created equal, so test brands carefully, and never use an oil in a way not recommended by its maker.
Made in USA.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.