* This item ships INTERNATIONALLY. *
Organic Raw Almond Nature's Glory
Product of Australia
Almonds are one of the most nutritious nuts around. When it comes to snack foods, the health benefits of almonds secure top honours for the nut. The health benefits are wide and varied.
Why Choose Us
ACO Certified Organic. Raw. Non-GMO. No pesticides. No additives. No colouring. Biodynamic
1. Keeps the Heart healthy: Huge amounts of vitamin E found in these nuts acts as an antioxidant and reduces the risk of heart diseases. Almonds also help reduce C-reactive protein (CRP) which causes artery-damaging inflammation.
2. Reduces bad cholesterol: Almonds are a good source of monounsaturated fats and some polyunsaturated fats which help to lower the low-density lipoprotein (LDL or "bad" cholesterol). A handful of almonds every day can lower your bad cholesterol level by 8 to 12 percent.
3. Improves blood circulation: Almonds are high in potassium and low in sodium, both are factors that regulate blood pressure. The high level of magnesium in almonds has a very positive effect on our arteries and veins and helps to improve the overall flow of nutrients through our bodies. It also contains iron, which helps carry oxygen to all of the body's cells and organs.
4. Strengthen our bones: They are a very good source of calcium which helps in osteoporosis and strengthens the bones, teeth and muscles. It also provides other nutrients that help to increase the bone mineral density, which helps to strengthen the skeletal system.
5. Helps you lose weight: Almonds have high fibre content, protein and the good type of fat which satisfies your appetite very soon therefore you are less likely to have cravings and overeat. Studies have revealed that almond rich low-calorie diet is good for obese people to assist in shedding their weight.
6. Good for diabetic people: They are a low glycemic index (GI) food. When eaten with a high GI food, it helps in reducing the rise in sugar and insulin levels after meals.
7. Reduces the risk of Cancer: Being high in natural fibre, it improves the movement of food through the colon, thereby preventing colon cancer. It is an excellent source of vitamin E, phytochemicals and flavonoids which suppress the growth of breast cancer cells. It is also a rich source of boron which helps to prevent prostate cancer.
8. Prevents Gallstones: People eating at least 5 almonds a day have a 25% lower risk of developing gallstones, a study confirms. Almond oil also possesses laxative properties and helps to produce soft stools and avoid any constipation.
9. Good for hair: A massage of Almond oil mixed with Indian gooseberry (amla) juice can prevent hair loss. It also prevents greying and thinning of hair. It also helps if you have dandruff.
10. Good for skin: An almond face pack prevents dry skin, pimples and blackheads and is a good long term cure for acne. It also improves skin complexion and premature ageing. It nourishes the skin making it smooth and soft.
11. Energy booster: Nutrients present in almonds like Protein, Manganese, Copper & Riboflavin are all used to generate energy in our body. Almond chocolate or an energy bar is something must if you are always on the move.
12. Good for brain power: Almond is a source of many nutrients which helps in the development of brain development. Ayurveda recommends having 5 soaked almonds in the morning every day for maximum brainpower. Phenylalanine, a brain-boosting chemical present in almond, aids healthy development of our cognitive functions.
13. Good source of Protein: Almonds, like all nuts, provide one of the best plant sources of protein. They provide high quality and highly absorbable protein. A quarter-cup (containing around 30 almonds) contains around 7.6 grams of protein.
Soaking Almonds in Water
Almonds are difficult to digest because of an enzymes-inhibiting substance in their brown coating. These enzymes inhibitors protect the nut or seed until it has what it needs to grow. Soaking almonds overnight removes these toxic enzymes inhibitors so that the enzymes secreted during digestion can do their job.
Also, the gluten breaks down, so the digestion becomes much easier. Phytic acid, which inhibits the absorption of vital minerals, is also reduced. This helps our body get the benefit of vitality contained within them. Moreover, soaking almonds in milk and eating them increases the libido and enhances general sexual performance in cases of frigidity.
Recipe: Homebaked Organic Granola Recipe
Storage: Keep in a cool dry place.
Available: 100g, 500g
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.