4pcs shrimp (headless)
4pcs shiitake mushrooms
3 organic eggs (medium)
1 teaspoon mirin
1 teaspoon organic tamari soya sauce
400ml dashi/kombu soup
- Shell and devein the shrimp and cut into 2-3 pieces
- Cut mushroom into quarters
- Beat eggs lightly until smooth to avoid bubbles. Strain through a sieve.
- Mix dashi with tamari and mirin in a bowl. Combine into egg mixture.
- Pat dry shrimps and mushroom and distribute into 4 serving cups.
- Fill with egg mixture into the cups with covers.
- Put into preheated steamer, cook over high heat until it boils.
- Turn down heat to medium and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Custard is done if clear juice comes out when it is poked with a bamboo skewer.
- Remove cups with cover from steamer and serve.
The longer you beat the egg, the smoother the custard will be. So be patient and gentle. Use a porcelain container or cup with a cover.