Everyone wants their skin to look flawless and radiant. Thus, many beauty products are being created to help people achieve this. However, you might already have some natural products in your home that can give you the skin of your dreams. Find out these natural ingredients you may use to get blemish-free glowing skin.
Skin Type: Dry & Oily
Turmeric is a strong antioxidant that helps you achieve that wonderful glow. It contains curcumin, an anti-inflammatory agent that helps get rid of puffiness. Turmeric also enhances collagen production, making the skin rejuvenated, fresh, and supple.
How To Use Turmeric
- Mix half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with four tablespoons of gram (chickpea) flour.
- Add enough water or milk to form a paste.
- Apply it to your face and neck and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry.
Skin Type: Dry & Dull
Coconut locks the moisture in your skin and nourishes it with essential fatty acids. It also protects you from ultraviolet (UV) radiation and improves skin barrier function. All these help your skin glow. Coconut oil is also gentle to be used around sensitive areas such as under your eyes and on your lips.
How To Use Coconut Oil
- Liquefy a tablespoon of coconut oil by gently rubbing it between your hands. It will have a silky and light texture when liquefied.
- Smoothly apply it onto your face, neck, chest, and other dry areas of your body.
- Remove any thick residue using soft tissue. Cotton balls are not recommended because they stick to the oil on your body.
- Leave a thin layer of coconut oil on your skin overnight.
Skin Type: All
Aloe Vera has many benefits when applied topically. When used on the face, it leaves the skin soft, subtle, and re-energised. It is rich in vitamins and antioxidants that help keep your skin glowing and soft. Aloe Vera also helps the skin mend faster when you get cuts caused by razors and sunburns.
How To Use Aloe Vera
- Form a paste by mixing a pinch of turmeric, a teaspoon of honey and milk, and a tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck evenly.
- Leave it on for about 10 to 30 minutes.
- Then rinse your skin with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Skin Type: Oily & Acne-Prone
Lemons have incredible benefits and can be added to your skincare routine. It is rich in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant. It helps boost collagen production, maintain skin elasticity, and remove dead skin cells. Its natural acid works as an exfoliator, healing many skin problems and leaving your skin feeling clean and glowing.
How To Use Lemon
- Do a patch test by applying the lemon to your skin.
- Mix lemon juice and water in a ratio of 2:3.
- Apply to your skin using cotton.
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
Skin Type: Dry, Sensitive & Acne-Prone
Cucumber can help relieve dry skin, dark circles, and chapped skin when incorporated into your diet and beauty regimen. It replenishes with its antioxidants, improves complexion, and reduces swelling. Cucumber provides vitamin C and caffeic acid that helps rejuvenate your complexion. Lastly, it has anti-inflammatory properties that help improve the appearance of pores and acne, making your skin glow.
How To Use Cucumber
- Grate the cucumber and add yoghurt to it.
- Beat the mixture well.
- Apply it to your face and neck.
- Leave it on for about five minutes until it dries.
- Wash it off with cold water and pat dry.
Skin Type: Oily, Acne-Prone & Combination
Honey has soothing and moisturising effects. It is very effective in preventing and treating acne because of its antibacterial effects. It helps soften the skin’s outermost layers and deeply penetrates your skin to offer hydration to underlying layers, too. It works exceptionally well in treating oily, acne-prone, and a combination of skin types.
How To Use Honey
- Dampen your skin.
- Evenly apply honey to your face.
- Massage for a minute or two.
- Leave it on for another five minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Skin Type: Dry, Oily & Acne-Prone
Milk has lactic acid that cleanses pores and gets rid of acne-causing bacteria accumulated on the skin’s surface. The lactic acid not only removes dead cells but also lightens the skin by removing the topmost layer of the damaged skin. Milk can also help reduce inflammation associated with pimples, giving you blemish-free and smooth skin. The potent moisturising properties in milk nourishes flaky skin. It can also correct uneven skin tone with regular use.
How To Use Milk
- Form a paste of 2 teaspoons of milk, a teaspoon of honey, and another teaspoon of gram flour.
- Mix the ingredients well to form a homogeneous paste.
- Apply it all over your face and leave it on for 20 minutes or until it dries.
- Rinse the paste off with warm water and pat dry.
Skin Type: Dry
Ripe papaya has an ingredient called papain, an enzyme that acts as a gentle exfoliator. This enzyme helps in removing inactive protein cells and dead skin cells, making your skin radiant and looking younger. It can also lighten blemishes and scars when applied topically. In addition, the beta-carotene and other compounds present in papaya enhance the skin glow and complexion.
How To Use Papaya
- Cut ripe papaya into small pieces.
- Put them in a mixer grinder to form a paste. You can add honey if you wish.
- Apply it generously over your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water and pat dry.
Recommended Activities To Help Boost Skin Glow
Here are simple activities you can do at home to help boost skin glow and complexion.
- Sleeping - Get regular, restful, and enough sleep. Doing so ensures you wake up with plush skin, improved health, and optimal brain function.
- Stay hydrated - Drink at least 2 litres of water daily. Proper hydration is important for healthy and glowing skin.
- Regular exercise - Regular physical activity boosts your skin, heart health, and blood circulation. In short, it is vital for maintaining a healthy body.
Your skin acts as a barrier to the toxins you encounter every day. You are interrupting your skin’s capability to regenerate its cells and defend itself from environmental pollutants if you use self-care products that contain harmful ingredients. Ultimately, it would result in dull, rough, and itchy skin. At Nature’s Glory, our organic Blessed Soaps are made using all-natural and nontoxic ingredients, leaving your skin moisturised and glowing.